Sharyn & Phil Fairman • Maryborough • Phone (07) 4125 8351 • Mobile 0400 083 077 • Email move@gfhillremovals.com.au

Our History

GF Hill Removals has been a part of Maryborough for over 120 years.

The business started out in the 1890's as GF Hill Carrying Service, when its founder, the late Fred Hill, began carting soil, sawdust and firewood by horse and cart.

His only son George was born in 1898 & took over the business in 1922.

Since 1930 GF Hill has conducted business in Maryborough and is very much a part of this historic town.

Hill Removals Kent Street 1880

Hill Removals 1880

Later, the firm moved into the future with the purchase of their first truck, establishing the basis for GF Hill Removals as we know it today.

George Hill passed away in 1976 and the business was taken over by his daughter Betty and her husband Ted Benson, who had worked for George Hill for many years.

Ted continued the tradition of family in the business with his brother, Matt also working for the firm until Rod Foster and Kay Lahey purchased the business in 1986 marking the end of an era of Hill's operating the business.

Three pan tech trucks were purchased and they expanded into furniture removals. They have moved thousands of customers around Australia since then truly bringing GF Hill into the new century.

A New Era

Local residents Phil & Sharyn Fairman purchased the business in the new millenium and have continued the proud tradition of great service offered to customers for more than 120 years, while bringing the company further into the future.

Phil & Sharyn have certainly honoured the history of this great business by providing service that Fred Hill himself would be proud of.